View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
so for the kids, we started a tradition where I make them a half of a cake for their half birthdays!
We celebrated half birthdays big when the kids were small. Now we acknowledge them with a small gift. We aren't cake people so I don't do cakes.

My step-son's birthday was yesterday (28...WOW). When he was little we never saw him for his birthday, but we always had him in August so we started celebrating his half birthday. We would go to an amusement park, have gifts, etc. We did it up big because that was the only time we could celebrate him like that since we also didn't see him at Christmas (we only got him in the summer).

When our kids came along we continued to celebrate the halves. Now that they are 14 and 17 and life is so incredibly busy, those halves tend to get skipped over sometimes. My daughter's half birthday is on Christmas Eve and my son's half birthday is in the craziness that is our month of May (May and December are the absolute craziest months for me working in education as well as personally) so it is hard. We remember, we just don't always remember to do plan something. We didn't know my stepdaughter as she was growing up but her half birthday is the day before my daughter's birthday so I text her to acknowledge it.