View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I was too excited to wait till 2013, so I've already started mine as a jump start to see what works for me, what style I'm more comfortable with. I'm not doing the 'traditional' way.

The reason I didn't start until now is that there is no way I can take a photo a day. I tried for 2 years and failed. Many of the weekdays are just routine.. I drop off kids to school, I go to work, I pick them up from school, they get to their homework, while I work for few more hours from home. There is nothing unique about each day. While my weekends could be super busy..and just one photo for a day wouldn't do justice.

So, I've decided to do it my way. Skip the days when nothing happened and cover as much as I can for the busy days. Here's my 5 pages that I've done so far, which should give you the idea. For almost a month, I have 4-5 browsers open with P365 thread to get inspiration along with few other sites. I know the importance of the project and I WANT to do it, but I don't want the restrictions to stop me from even starting it. So, here's my take on it:
This page is from just 2 days - Sat/Sun and included journaling on the same page.

Here's page where I have photos from only 2 days of the weekdays. But Those two days covers enough to make up for missing days.

I made entire page of the journaling... since I want to include more of the story than just the 'highlight' of the photo. I was inspired by Angie's LOs.

Again, weekend packed with activities, so it took up entire page and 13 photos and no place for journaling.

so, here comes the journaling page.

This is not how all of my pages will be. I keep going back and forth if I want to keep the book uniformed, with similar look or try out different styles. So, I'll just go with the flow. Most important thing for me is to document the life. Mine is digital, so I may break up my book in 100 pages for each book? I don't know yet. Depends on how often I scrap!