View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I take a photo every day because I have an app on my phone that prompts me to do that and puts it in a calendar form. However, I don't always use those photos in my PL album. I use the photos that tell a story. I do that either by using Cathy Zielske's photo/journal templates or by using a photo and adding a journal card.

I don't do a spread a week or a day or whatever. I just do the stories I want to tell. I do my cards/photos digital, then print and slip into actual PL plastics. I sometimes will plan a whole page with a theme (for example, if I did a photo shoot with my kids, or one page for Thanksgiving with my family) but mostly I just print and fit in page protectors and let it all come together organically. I do try to keep colors and fonts similiar so it flows well.

I just add binders as I need them. I don't do a binder per year or six months or whatever. I'll just add them as my current binder gets full.

The great thing about Project Life is there's no right or wrong way to do it. It's about doing what works for you. Planning spreads and coordinating didn't work for me, so I just do what comes naturally.