View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 11:10 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
I have feelings about this lol. Like, on the one hand, NOTHING is going to last forever...but on the other hand, there are ways to preserve our memories and our photos that will last longer than others. Even the best archival photo prints may degrade because the way you store prints, no matter how good your intentions, may not be archival.
What she said!

The definition of archival quality is just being resistant to deterioration or loss of quality, allowing for a long life expectancy when kept in CONTROLLED conditions.

The term IMO has been usurped from the actual historical archiving that has been in existence for a long time.

Things have been learned over the years to extend the life various things but the perfect solution IMO will never happen. I've had friends that have lost their precious scrapbooks that were done with "archival products" and others haven't had a problem in the same situation.

So in my mind as long as they last for my lifetime and possibly the next generation of cousin's kids that will get my books, I'm good.