View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 02:39 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Well, some of my walls are really dated... the stuff hanging on them were put there by my mother over 30 years ago. It is a hallway for the 3 bedrooms. There are 2 large frames, each having graduation photos of nieces/nephews. One frame for mom's side and one for dad's side of the family. The opposite wall also has a large frame that has old family photos from Mom's side of the family. Included are her grandparents, her parents as newlyweds, Mom as a flower girl in a wedding in the late 30's. Also on that portion of the wall are photos of both sets of my grandparents and a lost photo that was found by one of dad's brother-in-laws in the 80's. The photo is the kids in the family as of maybe 1936? My uncle had 8x10's made for all the siblings so Mom hung it up since Dad's brother that was killed in 1944 is in it (as is Dad). Then an area of the wall that is between 2 doors has my parents and my graduation pictures. So that is the hallway of family photos.

I do have 3 photos that I took displayed in the living room. Also have a "Dick and Jane" print that Mom had displayed in the family room in the basement for years (basement was gutted so it got brought upstairs). I also have some counted cross stitch pieces that I made years ago hung in other areas. Mainly small wall space. Dad put together a shadow box of all his military medals and Martha gave it to me when he passed away. It has its own spot right above a desk that has a Navy Lone Sailor statue Dad bought over 20 years ago. There's also a photo of Dad on the desk and a layout of the 8 brothers in Dad's family that served in the military. That is my "military corner". His flag from his funeral is close by as well.

I did change some things up in the last couple of years, taking down counted cross stitch pieces and putting up the photos I had enlarged and framed. One CC piece was moved to a different area and I took down something that Mom received when she retired. I still have it but it is in a closet with other things that are no longer on the walls. Available if I want to put them up again.

So I guess you could say I am sentimental in my wall decorating.