Thread: Ear pain?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks everyone! I took your advice and went to the doctor since they were willing to refer me to the urgent care place 2 minutes from my house. Good news is it's not infected. Bad news is there's fluid in there and apparently the force of all my coughing burst some of blood vessels or something which is why it hurts when combined with the extra pressure from being sick.

From what I gathered it's not very common since the doctor's comment was "yeah, that's definitely an abnormal ear" LOL when he looked at it and then he asked if it would be ok to bring in some of their newbies so they could check it out. So I had like 5 random nurses come in to compare my good right ear to my bad left ear and based on their comments, I don't think it's a pretty sight. One nurse's exact comment was "oh, you poor baby."

But the good news is he gave me some antibiotics which should help speed up my recovery and ward off the possibility of the ear getting infected, so yay. And I took some Mucinex D which has pseudophedrine so I'm feeling a little better now, haha.

Last edited by Nettio; 03-21-2012 at 03:23 PM.