View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My story is different - I met my DH when I was in Kindergarten and he was in 1st grade. We were always good friends (I was the tomboy/one of the boys type girl). His family actually moved into my immediate neighborhood a couple years later.

We were always pals through Jr. High but when I was in 7th grade things started to shift a bit, and when I had to dress up for a formal event halfway through the year he just about flipped because he had never seen me as a "girl."

By the time I got to high school everyone pretty much knew that was it for us. After the first real kiss when I was a freshman we knew. He graduated a year before me and joined the Marines and then when I graduated I enrolled in college where he was stationed for 2 years (Virginia). He got sent to San Diego after 2 years and I stayed and finished college. In 1984 we got married and were married for 19 years when he was killed in Afghanistan.

He was it for me and always was - I've had a couple first dates in the past few years but haven't really had any interest. My life is busy with our daughter, son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. Maybe someday but for now I'm happy