View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We met in high school in 1993 when we had several classes together, I was 15 and a sophomore and he was 17 and a senior. We were good friends for a few months before he asked me out January 4, 1994 and we've been together pretty much ever since! We both knew right from the start that we were meant to be together. Our families really wanted us to finish college before we got married so we waited until right before my senior year of college to get engaged in August 1999. So I spent most of my senior year working almost full-time, going to school full-time and planning our wedding, it was a crazy time for sure! I graduated in May 2000 and we got married August 4, 2000 and by that time we'd been together about 6.5 years.

We'll celebrate our 12th anniversary in August and we've been together for 18+ years now, sometimes it blows my mind knowing we've been together for over half my life! We've been through some pretty rough times together but we've always made it through and I can't imagine my life without him or our kids. I'm just so thankful for every day with him, he was born with a heart defect and had to have surgery to repair it when he was 18 and there were some major complications during surgery and we almost lost him. Even after all this time it's still so scary for me to think about that time...