View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well you know... in the LDS (Mormon) religion, you wait to "be intimate" until you get married (which also means no living together)... so why have a long engagement and risk something happening right??

We met in August 2001. We quickly became best friends. We started "dating" in February 2002(after several dates really). We talked about marriage shortly after and were officially engaged in June and married in August. And really, it was only August because that would be between semesters and just worked out better. We knew each other longer than a lot of LDS couples actually.

But really, when we became a "couple," in my mind, I knew we were going to get married. And I am pretty sure it was the same for him too. It wouldn't have made it to that point if it wasn't going to end in marriage. Our relationship started as BEST friends so everything just felt so natural and right.... and slow enough for me to not be scared off.

Ten years in August! And we are kind of that same lovey-dovey couple we were when we were newlyweds--only with 4 kids added to the mix.