View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I knew when I met him that he was marriage material!!! We waited 4 years to get married because I was too young (we started dating when I was 18). During that time I lived with my parents (we never moved in with each other) and he found a better job. I don't regret the time we dated before tying the knot. I DO regret waiting another 4 years to have kids.
I kinda wish we would have had kids sooner too.

We met in high school. He was a freshman, I was a sophomore. We had a computers class together. He was only on my radar because he was a punk who liked to stir up trouble in class. He managed to get himself in trouble so many times that the teacher moved him to the front of the room next to me. I later found out he was best friends with my friend's younger brother. We occasionally hung out at the same place since my friend didn't drive and her brother did but we never really talked or anything. Come my senior year we had physics class together. Our teacher was the type to have students work together a lot and a big group of us became pretty close friends. This is when Sean and I first started to get to know one another. He dated a few different girls over the course of that year as well. He also became a teenage father that year.

After I graduated I moved from Arizona to Kansas. I had gotten addresses from tons of people before I moved so that I could keep in touch. He was one of the first people I wrote to. I didn't hear back from him for over a month but when I did I got this huge 10 page letter. He was in Pennsylvania visiting his dad, his mom had forwarded the letter to him and he spent a good 2 weeks writing a little here and there as he worked with his dad, visited his sister, etc. After that we kept in touch through letters for over a year. He called me at Christmas but that was the only time we talked on the phone. We kind of lost touch though after he graduated. A year after that my friend got married (the one whose little brother Sean was best friends with) and I went home to Arizona for her wedding. Sean was at the wedding. He was engaged though and living with his fiancee. Some drunk dude kept bugging me so to get him away from me Sean asked me to dance. When we were dancing he told me he regretted that we had never dated. We had became pretty close through those letters (we're talking 8-15 pages every week!).

Long story but the wedding was on Saturday. On Thursday he called and asked me out to the movies (I was still visiting, staying with my aunt). My aunt had told me that he came by a few times looking for me but I had lots of friends to see so I wasn't there all the time. When he called I figured he meant with him and his fiancee. I had went to their place and hung out with them after the reception a little so I figured it would be the 3 of us. He was alone when he picked me up. I asked him where she was and he said he broke up with her. He wanted to be with me.

We hung out a lot over the next few days. He came over and got to know my aunt, uncle and cousins and everything. I left to come back home on Oct. 1st and on the 3rd he told me he was moving to Kansas. On the 30th he showed up on my doorstep (I still lived at home with my grandma, he moved in with us). A month later we got our own place. We moved in together before we ever really dated.

We lived together for 2 years before he engaged (on the 2 year anniversary of that movie date in Arizona). We were married 20 months after that (long engagement but we were paying for everything ourselves and we were also trying to work around all of our family members who were coming in out of state so finding a date was hard). We waited another 4 years before we had kids.

In May we will have been married 14 years, together for 18 and will have known each other for 23 years. Sean was 19 when we moved in together and I was 20. He was 22 (4 days shy of 23) and I was 24 when we got married.