View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 09:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
How do you manage to read so many books???

What did you think about CIty of Girls? I've been hearing a lot about it, but it has a long wait list at my local library.

I did not love this story:

It moved too slowly, and I didn't find the ending satisfying at all. Or maybe I just didn't care that much about the character by the end.
I spend a lot of time waiting for my boys to finish their extracurricular activities... so I get loads of reading done while I sit. I also read instead of watching TV and listen to audio books while I'm driving. Also this year my physical therapist recommended that I substantially increase my time reading as a means to help interrupt my pain receptors/pathways. I'm not exactly sure how effective his philosophy truly is, but it's a good distraction! This past month felt a lot like cheating though, to be honest! As there were quite a few titles that were in the 400-500 page range, allowing me to finish them in just a 3-5 hours.

I really enjoyed City of Girls... it's a great character-driven story fueled by terrific writing.

I'm sort of sad that you didn't enjoy Gentleman in Moscow! I adored the meandering storyline [though it did drag a bit in spots] and was delighted with Count Alexander. I also really enjoyed all the nuggets of historical fiction and the overall style of writing.