Thread: Summer Plans?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 01:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm jealous of your house renovations in a way, Lorie! I'm sure it's a bit scary to be spending all that money, but it sounds like it's going in to solid repairs/upgrades/maintenance that you'll be benefitting from for years to come. Our house could use some smaller improvements but there just isn't the funds for it right now.
My oldest graduates from high school next week and starts his full time welding job the next day. He did a 3 week job study there recently and it sounds like a good, stable place for him. So he'll be busy working.
My guy quit the 2nd job he took on during Covid and will finally have some free weekends on a regular basis again so I'm hoping to get out and just do more hiking, kayaking, go to the beach, etc this summer. We'll probably be able to get my 13 yr old to go along for some of that.
No real vacations planned though. We'd like to go to Yellowstone one of these summers (I've been, but the boys have not) but the floods last year and road damage have me concerned about when that might actually be feasible.
The finger lakes region of NY has always appealed to me so maybe some summer!