Thread: Summer Plans?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2023, 06:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Dominic has spent the last month working on things for the house: wallpaper, painting, staining, etc. He's also been freshening up the yard (we have an acre) and attempting to put together a pergola (spoiler alert: he has to find another physically strong human to help him with that task!).

The kids get out of school this week. My youngest is 9 and has tons going on: baseball, multiple camps, playdates with friends, etc. My oldest is 14 and has to be coaxed out of their room with treats. As usual, I'll come up with a summer schedule so that they're not on screens all day when they're with me (and especially when I know they're on screens all day long when they're at their dad's house during the summer). They're going to their uncle's lake house in TN around FOJ but otherwise we just have staycation-type things on our agenda for the summer. We have some fun one-off things going on: a viewing of "The Princess Bride" with a Q&A with Cary Elwes, reservations at The Golden Girls pop-up restaurant in Chicago, & my 25th HS "alternative" reunion.

Oh, and I'm wrapping up wedding planning for our big day in September. That's also part of the reason that we're not going anywhere this summer but we'll all be going to FL on Fall Break and on a proper family vacay next summer.

Last edited by LeeAndra; 05-29-2023 at 06:46 PM.