Thread: Summer Plans?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 03:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I agree on everything you said. Make sure their degree is in something they love doing and can make money at. My kid has a master's in English and recently left his teaching job because he was miserable at it and there isn't any money in it. I am not sure what he is going to do next, but I personally spent 40K on his education and he has loans despite my contribution and scholarships, so he needs to do something with it. The other day he was talking about going back for an IT degree. I said nothing, but was thinking that I am glad he is his wife's problem now. LOL
Lol, I'm glad you are letting his wife deal with it now! I don't know that there is a lot of Money in what they want to do as careers, but I do know that their hearts are in what they are studying. One is studying to be a professional writer (she will be able to be an author, editor, or even write for companies/websites). One is studying Social Work. And the last one is studying to be a Set Designer (create sets for plays, movies, queues for theme parks, sets for broadway, cruises etc).