Thread: Summer Plans?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 09:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
Lorie- I get the feeling of putting all of your savings into the house updates! It's scary! We updated almost everything in this house at this point... the windows, doors, garage door, appliances, A/C unit, dry wall, re-wiring, new bathrooms, roof, tree trimming, sod for the yard, put in a paver patio... Lordy. The only thing we haven't done is the flooring in the main areas of the house and the kitchen- which I wanted to update immediately when we bought! Sighhh. Oh! And we just discovered termites in one of the upstairs bedrooms. Home ownership stinks. LOL Hopefully the equity in our investment will fill our savings again someday!
Home ownership is tough! There is always something that need to be done.

I've been doing smaller projects through the years, got new floors through the main floor a few years back. Redid the family room--painted, new floors and added pocket lights to it. It's in the basement and really needed some more lighting. Also got all new furniture, except for a table that I have had forever. It is all ready for when the grand babies start arriving. LOL

I got new appliances in the kitchen a while back, after the door fell off the oven. LOL I was determined to hold out until I could pay cash for them and I did.

I have had two new garage doors because two fools have hit my house. How people run into a house is beyond me, but it has happened twice now. Because I am the last house on the road, people like to turn around in my driveway and although it is long enough, one of them managed to hit my house. The other was my son's high school girlfriend who I had told like a million times not to park in the driveway, but she did. When she was leaving she hit forward instead of reverse and took out the back end of my car and shoved the front end into the garage door, taking that end and the door out. I can still hear my son say, "now mom, try to be calm, she didn't mean it." I barely held on to calm, believe me.

I have redone two guest rooms, the guest bathroom and my bed and bath. Painted every room but the living room so far and some I have painted twice because the first color was not what I hoped it would be. (Okay, my son painted them all; I hate to paint. LOL)

The floors were expensive but nothing compared to this one and when it is over, I still have a list of things I need and want to do. A big long list that includes a new roof.

It just never ends, does it? But termites? Just the word scares the you know what out of me.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 06-03-2023 at 09:56 PM.