Thread: Summer Plans?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2023, 03:23 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Home ownership is tough! There is always something that need to be done.
I totally agree, but having lived most of my life in rented apartments, I appreciate every dollar I have put into my house over the last 10 years. I changed out the flooring everywhere except the bathrooms, painted every room, finished an unfinished room, remodeled the laundry room (it's huge) and the entryway, added custom closets to every closet (except the spare room), replaced my fridge, fixed a failed window seal, replaced a broken window, fixed a basement leak, landscaped the yard, replaced the roof, replaced the back deck, added an above ground pool, put up & took down a huge swing set, added a french drain to fix drainage issues, and replaced the front door. So much money.

I'd still like to replace my countertops, add a backsplash and rehab my cabinets in the kitchen, remodel the primary bath, replace the flooring in the downstairs bath, finish the garage, add storage under the deck, add a paver patio, and I'll need to fix the driveway and sidewalk in the next 5-10 years I am sure. Good thing we plan to never sell.