Thread: Getting closer
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 09:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh no, that's a scary and sad situation. I'm also a kindergarten teacher & we've had such low attendance the past couple weeks. Normal flu season absences, but I find myself worrying when they're out...and then worrying when they return!

Several families (and we don't have that many here, so it leaves a big hole in our community) have evacuated here or plan to do so soon. There are no reported cases in our location (doesn't mean that there are no cases!) but with limited health care & now extremely limited flights out & other travel restrictions, we're all concerned about needing med evac for unrelated illness or injury and not being able to get out. We are planning to go soon...but I feel like I'm leaving my little bubble.

This whole thing is exhausting! Hoping that it will be like some of the previous big bad viruses & slow down once the weather turns. (I don't actually know anything about the weather's impact on other big bad viruses, but my friend said it & I am now firmly grasping that little shred of hope! )