Thread: Disney Hotels
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Coronado Springs, All-Star Movies Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, and Caribbean Beach Resort
Of the ones you are considering, I have stayed at All-Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside (and French Quarter), and Caribbean Beach. I've never stayed at Coronado Springs because the rooms are in need of renovation.

They recently upgraded the rooms at Port Orleans Riverside. We stayed in one of the new Tiana princess rooms last time and it was awesome. We LOVE the Port Orleans hotels. French Quarter is our favorite because it is smaller and the kids like the pool, but Riverside is even more beautiful. The beds are Queen size, the rooms are elegant and just big enough, and the grounds are beautiful. We especially love that at night they have roasted marshmallows over a fire pit and it's located on a 'river' which if you hop on one of their boats will take you straight to Downtown Disney where you can eat, shop, etc. It's nice. It's also one of the more quiet resorts. If you stay at Caribbean Beach or any of the All-Star resorts there are more groups and noisy kids.

I will say that DH and I loved our 2 times we stayed at Caribbean Beach. The beach-y areas with hammocks are a nice place to rest at the end of a long day at the parks. The rooms are nice, but nothing special, though. We like the slight elegance of P.O. better.