View Single Post
Old 06-02-2023, 10:39 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I also crochet and sew. The crocheting I do because I love it. I mostly make clothes, but sometimes I'll do amigurumi, blankets, baskets, or something that my daughter asks for (most recently a tote bag). I'm almost finished with a knee-length, warm cardigan and in a few days I'll start a lacy, summer-weight cardigan to wear over tank tops.

With sewing, I love the finished products more than the sewing itself. Playing with pretty fabrics is like playing with patterned papers, LOL! My kids tell me I have a "crippling bag addiction," and I mostly sew as one way to support that addiction. I make project bags for crocheting, small pouches to organize my purse, and other kinds of bags. Occasionally I sew something for the house or a gift like doll clothes for a niece.
I love fabric as much as I love scrapbook papers. I have always had a secret dream to be a surface designer, but not the talent to actually do it. (Refer to the I can't draw for crap reply earlier in the post.)

Since I am always cold, I wear a cardigan to work every day, but could never imagine making one. That takes talent and I imagine it takes time and dedication as well.

If you learn how to crochet mug hats, you could start a business on etsy and I would be your first customer. LOL