View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a couple days behind in reading ... but SO HAPPY FOR YOU that your husband is finally home!

I know you probably don't have a choice being you don't drive ... but I don't let my kids ride the bus ... there are too many things that go on on the school buses around here (including bullying) that I will not allow it. Too many times I have seen the buses turn around in the midst of delivering kids home and go right back to the school and call the police ... no way. ...and yours being a special needs (which one of mine is) ... I totally understand being worried about him being bullied!!! {{{hugs}}}

Ok totally nosey question, have you not ever learned to drive or didn't want to? I don't know any women that don't drive around here, thus my curiosity ... maybe it's where we live that it's different.

... it would drive me nuts not to have the freedom to hop in the car and rush to the store if I'm out of something, or if someone got sick at school (or wheverever) to pick them up, or when my dh has his accident and I had to go pick him up. I remember when my oldest was a baby ... he had persistent ear infections for 2 years ... we were at the doctor 1-5 times a month! I guess I'm used to driving ... have been since I was 16 ... I can't imagine trying to arrange transportation all the time.

Last edited by Sharon Kay; 08-26-2011 at 07:58 PM.