View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 11:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I usually get them on a template and then walk away until anther day to finish them. That way it's at least not LONG and boring to scrap them. I also have a check list of to-be-scrapped pages that I make myself follow when all the fun pages are done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
THIS!!! Sometimes I don't even get them onto a template I just put them into a PSD file and name the file. Then it goes into my To-Do list. If I'm just putting them into a file I make sure I pick only the photos that I think I will actually use if I have too many.

I have my stuff sorted in Bridge and can then see the PSD files easily because it shows up like a jpg in Bridge. (Windows you just see a blue icon otherwise).

And I reward myself too I finish a page I'm not thrilled about and I figure out some type of reward. Right now it's doing the pages for my daughter's wedding album. My problem is that they are all similar and use the same elements for unity throughout her book. My other problem is she had sunflowers - which are beautiful BUT I'm not a "yellow color" person and have a hard time working with that color, even if it's just in the accents. This past week I finished about 15 pages of her album. So my reward is that I don't feel the pressure to do more this week and can work on some pages that just make me happy. (Oh and I bought a few things that made me smile too!)
Good advice! I do that with my weekly PL pages, so I don't know why I haven't with these. If I get stuck on one again (after the photo choosing stage, which is where I'm stalled on some of them now) I'll try it.

Sorry you're stuck scrapping with colors that you find hard to work with! I scrapped only boy pages my first 5 years of scrapping, then I had a daughter. Even though I liked being able to work with flowers and girly colors, it took me a long time to get the hang of it. I hope your daughter's pages get easier, too! (But even if you struggled, 15 pages?! Wow!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I love this idea!! I have the same problem. I love Christmas kits but dread going though all the Christmas pictures and whittling down the ones to be scrapped.
That's a lot of my problem right now, too! Even though I've really focused on taking fewer photos and being more intentional about them, it's still overwhelming when I have to condense a multi-day trip into a handful of pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Uugh, that's the worst. Good luck scrapping those hard to scrap photos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Like Kimberly, I'm super behind, and don't yet "need" to scrap pages that I don't want to. But, I know I'll get there at some point!
There are some absolutely fabulous ideas here! You ladies ROCK!
Thanks! And yes, some great suggestions!

Last edited by rach3975; 05-27-2021 at 12:08 AM.