View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 12:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
I don't know if this is what you were looking for when you asked for Spring Cleaning tips, but ... when I've tackled a big day of deep cleaning, especially if it's anywhere near our great room (ours is an open concept floorplan, where the living room, dining room, and kitchen are all one big room) I don't cook. Like, at all.

It feels totally self-defeating to immediately re-dirty the space I've just worked so hard to clean. So both while the cleaning is going on and that night for dinner, we do some form of take-out. For example, I might pick up pre-made sushi from our grocery store for a quick lunch that feels like a treat, and then for dinner we'll order a meal from one of our favorite restaurants in town.

That lets me focus on whatever deep cleaning I'm doing and feeling a sense of satisfaction when I'm done - which is super important because I freaking hate cleaning, the result of my mom using it as a form of punishment when I was a kid - and not feeling like the work is immediately undone by the kitchen getting dirty right after I've cleaned it.

oh I feel ya on feeling like you clean for no reason and it's immediately messy again. Great tip on the take out.