View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 02:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyM View Post
Ouch on the poison oak Manda! I used to see it a lot when hiking back in California (I"m in Oregon now). I even used to be able to recognize it in winter without its leaves. Probably lucky I never did touch it. I wonder what part it plays in the ecosystem. If we erradicated it, what master plan in life might change?? LOL

Not sure why this has been such a tough spring on me allergy wise - perhaps because it has been a slightly dryer year here in Oregon? I was dealing okay with it, until it killed my eyes this week - designers don't design well without their eyeballs!! LOL
It's so crazy, we didn't deal with it much where we were in Northern California, when I was just dating hubby and would come to Oregon every weekend, I got it in August, and didn't know what it was. I ended up having it from literally my waist to my ankles and then got what the dr explained like scarlet fever becuase of the reaction. It was so terrible. I don't get it quite as bad as I used to, probably because I'm now hyper aware of what it looks like, but pretty much everytime we go out, I come back with it. Seems to be the worst in May/June. It makes hunting/hiking a little difficult.

It has been pretty dry. Hopefully it gets better though!