View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 09:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Absolutely and totally get it Brook and that's exactly why I said I usually make it work just fine It's just something I appreciate when I don't have to think about it. I do a lot of substitutions based on my own preferences regardless of whether the template is marketed with the kit. I use templates as inspiration, but always enjoy adding my own personal touches. Obviously ribbons and papers are easy to interchange ... doilies can be converted to paper circles, you can add a different type of element in place of foliage. I guess I just assumed the coordination on collaborations was the same for templates as it was betweens for colors, elements, etc. I absolutely don't expect designers to change their processes based on my preferences, it's just an observation
It's a completely valid observation, and I wish I could make it happen but it doesn't always line up. Which, ugh. I know it probably does irk some people. It does help when the designer shows me previews along the way. Like right now, I am making coordinating templates and staring at a partial preview so I'll do my best to include some of the things I see so far. You know I love your opinions, Sheri!!!