View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 03:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A big THANK YOU for all your answers to this thread! I didn't expect to receive so much answers and all your points of view and sharing are very interesting and I learn really much for all your experiences.

To be honest, I'm still sure I don't want to have a social media account right now but concerning the layouts, you all have pertinents comments.

About the size of pictures, you're right it's not the better for using it. At least I talk about stole it because some years ago, one of my friend had her pictures from her blog stolen like Scrap2day, a young girl use it to tell it was her baby...

But for sure anybody can take a picture of you out and you can't control all. And I'm pretty sure paparazzi doesn't waiting for my family and me! And y pics are far to be nice professional pics.

I don't know what kind of other bad use can be done with a layout?
I'm just concerning about not giving personal information because I don't want to say a lot on internet but now I feel more comfortable with all your messages and I see what I can do to be quiet with this.

Concerning the journaling: A big thank you at Luckyme for the Lorem ipsum text which is a total good idea and an interesting solution for journaling.
Most of you blur some too personal info which is also seem good or at least not put it too.

About the pictures, I agree with you that isn't a big deal if I don't add too much information. I think I'm going to post more and feel less stress about that. I will keep some info private but I know I can share with you and hope I really can improve my scrapbooking method!
I think too that blurred or blacked out photos are distracting to the page and sometimes look starnges. So I feel it's not the solution for the pics of my family not the others members of course.

And I didn't think of those who have military husbands, for sure privacy is just super important for you! Especially with all the terrible things that happens actually... Pray and think of all of yours!

As Aurian said I want to do it in a good faith too that people who are here will only come to see my layout in a good spirit as I do when I visit the gallery (that I totally love!).

I'm kind of discrete person so that's maybe why I have this difficulty of sharing but anyway I don't judge those who enjoy posting pics easily. I think it's interesting to read your opinions too!

I just can say that sometimes I feel bad to read some people (not here) when they share just too much you feel you don't have to know all their life and you have this feeling to intruse their life without asking it. Like SeattleSheri said I'm sometimes surprised at how much people are willing to share with the public too.

I'm probably a little bit kind of paranoiac person but as Rach3975 I also think of "some creep tracking my kids down or a future employer using info I post about them in a job decision".
But I realize that there are not so much links to do with just layout.

So I really want to thank you, I read you all, I can't answer personally to all even if I would love to do it but Thank you so much again!!!!!!

I wish you all a nice end of week and a super week end!!!!!!!
Thank you for taking time to answer me and I'm really happy with all yours answers.
Can't wait to see you here or in the gallery!

Just a little note, I'm sorry for my English I try to improve it too but it isn't perfect anymore, Hope you'll understand all I want to say.