View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
I don't think amusement parks are such a big thing here as they are in the US - they're pretty few and far between, except on the Gold Coast in Queensland. We have a Wet n' Wild in Sydney and something else called Luna Park, and then the annual 'shows' (fairs) with rides. Everything is expensive, they're so crowded and the queues for rides are often ridiculous. We've taken the kids to the small, local show in the past (not Sydney's big Royal Easter Show) but they haven't 'loved' them so we don't go anymore.
Yeah, I like amusement parks but not a huge fan of "fairs" or carnivals. The rides always seem rickety too me, it's too expensive for what it is and it's too crowded. The only exception is our local county fair (which is smaller than our ridiculously crowded state fair). At the county fair, you can get a one-price wrist-band that lets you ride all the rides. My kids like all the small fun-house kinda things so we can get a good days entertainment for not too much $$ (and have a fried snickers bar or something. )