View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 01:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

When are you thinking of coming to Florida, Jacinda? How long? A lot of what you can do will depend on what area you're staying in and how open you are to traveling around the state a bit. <3

Orlando area is a tourist trap and pretty far inland away from the ocean, so it gets super hot and in my opinion a bit miserable during the summer months!

I haven't been to Universal since I was 23 or so, so I can't say much about it or give you any tips about traveling there. I do visit Disney World yearly. We avoid it in the summer months... it is CROWDED and hot. If we do Disney in the hot months it is only for a day followed by a day at one of their amazing water parks. We love Typhoon Lagoon! It's such a clean, nice water park.

Another park to consider is Sea World Orlando. They have some amazing sea creatures there! The Beluga Whales are my favorite. The roller coasters are intense and fun, too. It's not a terribly huge park and there is a lot of shade to keep it cooler.

St. Augustine (awesome old city, historic things to see, old fort, great food, charming place to visit) Not the best or most beautiful beaches here in my opinion. When we visit we like to stay at a historic Bed & Breakfast called the St. Francis Inn. It's charming and their breakfast and mid-day snack time is yummy!!!

As for the best beaches in north FL, I'd go to the Panhandle and visit Navarre Beach, or Pensacola Beach. Gorgeous white sand beaches and great shelling!!!

If you want to explore south Florida there is a ton to do down here, too. A million gorgeous beaches to choose from, malls, shopping, etc. Zoo Miami, Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Venetian Pool in Coral Gables, Monkey Jungle, Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor, Rapids Water Park, and more Everglades airboat tours than you can imagine! LOL

Some people with more than a week to explore enjoy flying in to Miami Airport and road tripping in a rental car to Orlando and flying home from that airport. There is so much to see in this state. If you need more ideas, I have more.

Last edited by YepBrook; 04-20-2019 at 01:48 PM.