View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
We went through treatments to have a baby this year and it obviously didn't work. Honestly, that has really made the entire nine months since difficult... but the due date finally passed and I've decided it's time to move on.

And I have no idea why I'm sharing about this after being quiet about it for months. But I hope we all have better years ahead!
Marla, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully next year will be better.

This has been a difficult year for me too. My dad was diagnosed with a rare cancer at the end of 2017. We almost lost him in March and then he spent the next 6 months in the hospital or a rehab hospital. I have 2 siblings and we all live 2-3 hours from my parents so we've felt helpless that we can't be closer to help out. I only have 1 child so I was able to help out more, but it's been a crazy year. I'm grateful that I work for a church and they were more than willing to let me take off any time I needed to go help my parents. I never understood how difficult it was to watch your parents age and to go through watching them lose their independence. It's sad, and emotionally draining. Dad is finally home, but will likely never regain the quality of life he was used to. I'm just grateful he was able to go home for his and my mother's sake. I'm hoping 2019 is better.