View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 04:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The only time we left Alaska when we were stationed there was for Hawaii too. Just easier, but we did a cruise.

That was great, but we had a toddler, so to factor that in. LOL! I'd love to go again. It was a wonderful way to see a lot of Hawaii on a budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Another vote for an all inclusive resort vacation here! We’ve done 3 now (and one more for me on my own for my friend’s wedding-my husband was deployed and missed it!) & our favorite was in Sri Lanka. It was super relaxing, we went out on two excursions and spent the rest of the time carefree at the pool.
We have done lots of “traveling” but that doesn’t feel like vacation to me. Haha
My favorite “travel” trip was a road trip around Scotland. Every mile was more beautiful than the last & it was fun to stay at a variety of B&Bs.

Last December we went to Maui and while that had lots of pool time (mostly because paying for other stuff was too depressing!), the number of discussions and decisions we had to make that factored around our vacation budget were a real downer. The first day we were there, we spent $200 on 3 meals—and ordered everything frugally!! We decided that our next winter escape would be to an all inclusive, even though Hawaii is a much easier flight than Alaska. We went to Mexico a few weeks ago and it was so nice to be able to let my kids have juice or ice cream and not get a drink only during happy hour, LOL. The entire thing cost less than 1/4 of what we spent for/in Hawaii… so we’re taking a second winter escape in Feb!