View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnidge View Post
You don't have to do the binder method. I know some people love it, but that is way too much work for me to clip all the coupons each week and sort them. So, I do the bin method. I just have one of those cheap $3 file bins from Walmart and a bunch of file folders. Each week of inserts gets its own folder. When I get my Sunday paper, the coupons go straight into their folder for the week. No clipping or organizing. Then the blogs/sites I follow post the coupon matchups and tell me where the coupons are (they tell the insert and the date of the insert) so I just go to my bin and pull out the inserts I need, clip the coupons I need for my trip, throw the inserts back into their folders, and make my little stack of coupons for my shopping trip. It does mean that I don't have all my coupons with me all the time, but I knew I wouldn't stay on top of it if I did the binder method. And yes, a lot of your coupons will expire... just let go of them and don't worry about it.

This is my bin... I need to go and throw out some of my old inserts to make room for the newer inserts. And I need more date tabs... not all my folders have a tab because I ran out. haha
Thanks for sharing your bin Megan! I've used the binder method in the past and found it super hard to keep up with. I think this might work better for me!