View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyM View Post
I've been following along in this thread and wishing I could do it but we don't eat like normal folks. I have a wheat allergy with gluten sensitivity so anything canned, boxed, processed, etc... is out of the question and that's all you ever see coupons on (food wise). Our grocery bill is the highest of all bills in my house. At least 600/month for family of 3 and we hardly ever eat pricey stuff like steak and crab legs. Gluten free + diabetes sucks the life out of the budget. If it weren't for my eating habits this family would have some extra money But hey, my pricey eating habits may keep me alive longer- guess that's the up side.

Thank you for the link. If anyone else has suggestions I'd love to hear them.
Amy, I do much more non-food couponing then I do foods. I do CVS and Walgreens shopping most weeks, and between register rewards, extra bucks and coupons, I rarely pay actual money over $1 on any trip. (I have to pay tax out of pocket). I haven't paid for body wash, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant and many other toiletries in about 3 years now I think. It may not cut down your food bill, but it will still cut down on your household expenses.