View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 04:45 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I have no desire nor plans to switch to electric cars.

We have an aging electrical grid that in many places is tested to the edge, and adding cars to it would be disastrous IMO.

Plus the fact that you can't really go on long trips for travel in an electric car. 250-400 miles is the most you get on a charge, and you'd have to find a charging station if you are going further than that. It takes anywhere from 3-8 hours to fully charge the battery to get going again. What are you going to do at that point - just sit at the charging station? Not many hotels have them, and those that do only have a few spots. You have to pay for the electricity as well, and that is not regulated at this time.

Right now, our society is too mobile and too independent to switch to electric cars. Until they figure out the charging, the disposal of batteries safely, and the mileage part, it's not even a blip on my radar to change, and most people I know feel the same way.

ETA A hybrid I might consider, but they still have some of the same downsides IMO as above. They just charge while driving which is a good thing!!

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.