Thread: I hate cooking
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 09:35 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
I'm in denial that dinnertime exists. Then it hits about 4:30-5 and I'm like, "F*@k!" and try to scramble. Once in a while I think of it early enough to take something out of the freezer. Otherwise I'm doing a quick thaw in a bowl of water. Seriously, I hate dinnertime. If it were up to me I'd eat a turkey sandwich and be done with it.

This is me... including a few bad words.... after the toddlers all leave at 4:30, I am exhausted... ( I am up by 4:30 am everyday) and my son usually has to be at work at 5pm a couple days a week... so planning a meal most nights is crazy...
I am the queen of tossing something in the microwave to thaw.... or just telling everyone it's a "make your own" night.

When I can get my act together ..... I plan tacos, or pasta... (pasta night at my house is not a one pot.... whole grain pasta for me, gluten free pasta for my son, and regular pasta for hubby and two daughters, and my other daughter, if she's home has a special pasta). Sometimes I toss chicken breast and veggies on a sheet pan, season and toss in oven. I like to toss chicken in crockpot with some dressing.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow