View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 02:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

One thing I've done to really put emphasis on my word each year is to either make or buy something for my home, or for me personally, that has to do with my word of the year.

The first year I made a mouse pad. I used my computer a LOT and having a mousepad that said "Change" on it kept me focused on my goals of not only accepting change but learning to welcome and embrace it. As the year progressed, I put my word up on a chalkboard that hung on my office door, and I made a calendar with the word incorporated into every page.

Each year it has been something different that I've done. For simplify I had a red, wooden house figure with a willow tree that said simplify. We lived in a red house on Willow and it was perfect for the year. For achieve I have metal letters that spell out the word (found them on eBay that year). I've also made a Facebook cover photo most years. When I started I made a photo for the side of my feed, since Facebook didn't have cover photos then. The year that my word was STRONG, I plastered that word everywhere. I bought a shirt that says 'Sore Today, Strong Tomorrow'. I also got a bracelet that says the same. Then I found a 'Stronger than Yesterday' bracelet and bought that too. Last year I bought a desk plaque that says "FOCUS" off of Amazon. Then I bought an embracelets bracelet that says "focused on family".

I am looking for something to purchase with my word for this year. I am thinking of making some art and buying a custom necklace. I already have this great plaque that says "This month's choices are next month's results" and I think that plays well into consistency too!