View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 12:41 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

For me, "match" = "exact same colors and/patterns." "Coordinate" or "complement" = work well together even if not exactly the same/matching.

IMO, your pages complement each other really well so far. The lightly-patterned gray bg ppr complements the bright plaid (bright vs neutral, light pattern vs bold pattern). (At least I think it's a paper and not part of the template?) You tie the plaid together by using a tiny strip at the top, but not so much that the eye can't find a place to settle and just glazes over everything. I'm on my phone so maybe it's due to the small size , but there is something in the finished LO's left photo--I can't tell what exactly because the LO blurs when I zoom in--that is definitely bright yellow and that looks very similar to the yellow in the award photos. So they do tie together.

You could try to color correct the award photos and take some of the yellow out--maybe change the saturation so it's less bright?

If all else fails, convert the yellow photos to b/w and call it good. Or think about an art gallery or an art museum: they don't coordinate the art work and no one badmouths them or expects the art to match each other or even coordinate. Scrapping is your art: you do what you want. And if what you want is to make those pages match, I respect that. But it's also okay if they don't match perfectly. I figure I've never tried to make printed photos match in my photo albums, so it's okay if my printed scrapbooks' pages don't match, either. (But that's just me. I don't scrap chronologically so it would be difficult to gauge where each page would end up. I can't handle that type of layout stress lol!)