View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 11:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
Just wanted to add: wash all of your bedding in hot water with "free and clear" type detergent.

I use oils for a lot of skin ailments. There's one by Eden's Garden called Soothe and Smooth that we've used for some of my son's skin weirdness and it's good. But at this point I would avoid it on the face. You can trigger other reactions and develop sensitivities to things when your skin is triggered like that. It's probably best to put very little on the skin except a very light, easily absorbed, lotion. Some thicker moisturizers might even trap the infection.
Did the bedding first thing and then did it again 3rd day. Maybe I should do it again?

Saw my own doctor today and she gave me different medicine and after my first dose the itching was much better. She said with a reaction this severe it needed to be treated more aggressively than what they had me on. She also told me that if I ever had an emergency like that again, I was to tell them to fit me in that day and if they didn't, I was to ask to speak to her or a nurse. I lurve my doctor.

Also she said I have lost 10 more pounds, which was a huge surprise because I am really struggling with my diet these days. All in all a good visit and I hope the beginning of feeling much better. I think it will take some time and attention for my skin to recover, but as long as it stops spreading and the itching is under control, I can handle giving the skin time. It is embarrassing to have it looking so bad, and I can't hide it with make up because I don't wear it because I am allergic to most of it, so I just have to push through and ignore the looks. Yes, it is bad enough that I get looks in public.