View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 01:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Oh yes!!! I'm terrible with age and can never remember it!

When I was pregnant with my son, I told them the ENTIRE pregnancy that I was 36 with put me in the "advanced maternal age" and "high risk" category - anything over 35 automatically put you in that category. I was flagged for everything including gestational diabetes as a precaution, which stunk pricking my finger just because of an age!! After I had my son and went to my post partum check-up several weeks later and had celebrated my birthday that they realized I was actually 35 my entire pregnancy and not AMA or high risk (I was because of problems with him, but not because of my age). They were like "how did you mess that up?' and I said "you are a doctor, who is supposed to be smarter than me, how did YOU mess that up?!?!"

I might have also celebrated a birthday thinking I was older than I was only to find out, I was actually a year younger than I thought I was....now I am only 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, etc because I can't seem to remember how old I really am any time someone asks me. I'm currently 45 and have been for a few years. I "think" I'm actually turning 45 next year?? Not sure though To me age is irrelevant once you turn 21
I can see how holding to 45 could work. I may try it when I turn 55. Just hold it until I am actually 60 and maybe even a little longer. LOL

I am not bothered by my age, I am bothered that I honestly forgot how old I was. When you watch a parent go through dementia, forgetting important stuff becomes a little more scary. My mom's dementia started in her 50's, so that is probably why I am freaked more than I maybe should be.