View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 11:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I'm sorry your mom is not totally on board, Tammy. Hopefully things will go better than you anticipate. Separate living spaces sounds wise, even if you don't choose to separate! Wishing you luck!
Thank you, Cindi! It's mostly that she resents that at 71 she needs help. Hopefully she'll calm once we're settled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
We've only lived with my parents for short periods, like a month, and the only reason it worked for us is because it was temporary and they missed us so much because we live on the other side of the world. I am way too messy to live iwth my parents again. However, in your situation, it sounds like it will work. A friend of mine from high school had her grandmother live with their family for years, and they were so close.
Haha! You're that messy, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Just want to put it out there- My neighbor's house is for sale & they built it when her paraplegic father lived with them! It's the PERFECT set up for you Wontcha be my neighbor!
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...83844832_zpid/

We lived with my inlaws while we were building our home & I agree with Wendy that clear boundaries & separate living spaces is very helpful. The kids were super little, so it was SO helpful to have those extra adults around during that time...
Wouldn't that be amazing, Amie??!! It's a gorgeous house. I love the view. But, we love Idaho and I doubt I could get my hubby to move out of Idaho