View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hi, everyone. I love that we'll have this thread for support! I'm also about a size 16/18 jeans and so tired of it!

I've felt like I've had a weight problem all my life, but weights that I considered fat in my teen's and 20's are lower than my current goal. What was I thinking back then, not appreciating where I was? In my teens and 20's it was easy to lose weight when I wanted to. Sometimes I did it on my own by counting calories, and after my 2nd and 3rd kids were born I joined Weight Watchers and was relatively happy with my results. But then for the last 4-5 years nothing has worked for me. I tried over and over, even joining a gym and working out consistently for the first time ever. Still nothing--I kept losing the same 10-15 lbs (which would take 6 months!), could never get below that, and eventually got discouraged and gave up every time. Now that I'm finally on thyroid meds, I'm optimistic that if I'm willing to put in the work, I really will be able to lose this time.

I re-joined Weight Watchers and started yesterday. I'm doing the online only program, which is what I've done in the past. So far I like the new program better than the last one. (I could never lose weight on that last one, though some of that was because of my thyroid. I did better on the WW program before that.) The main reason that I went with WW this time instead of calorie counting was because I wanted more of a push toward healthy eating. I've noticed that I stopped eating fruit the last few years. I still ate lots of vegetables since they were lower in calories, but an apple felt like a waste when I could have a string cheese for the same number of calories. I wanted to change that mindset.