Thread: DOA harddrive
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 09:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen104 View Post
So sorry that happened to you Lynn! Take a little break and see how you feel, I sure hope that's not it for your scrapping. I don't post many comments in the gallery but I really should, I've always found your layouts so inspiring. I remember your pages from SBG and you creating beauties for Ztampf.
That's so sweet of you to say. Hugs back at you, Jen.
I have to go get my drive back from Staples tomorrow. I don't really recommend them--I paid almost $300 for nothing. I'm going to ship it to a data recovery site which claims a 97% success rate. It's not cheap, but it sure beats starting over (even with as much as I like to shop). I'll know in two to three weeks what they recovered if anything.
I have faith that the info is there because there was no damage or clanking or whizzing--it just froze, plus the Staples guy said that the drive motor just quit, so it can't spin any more.
I've started the process and ordered a new computer today. I'll look into the new version of PSE (I was on version 5) and see if there is still Paint Shop Pro out there for photo editing. Jumping to Windows 10 with new software is going to be a huge learning experience, but I'll just take it slow.
Also, definitely going to look into maybe Google Drive and cloud stuff for the future. I don't want to get burned twice.