View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 01:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week? Why or why not?

Yes. I often wishlist new releases if I know I won't scrap with them immediately. On a week where I love the FD kit I'm more likely to buy right away or buy multiple items to get to the $10 level.

2) Ongoing Theme or Stand-Alone products? Do you like collecting all of the pieces to an overarching theme or would you prefer kits that stand alone?

Standalone products. I don't shop every week (silly budget!) so needing to shop multiple weeks in a row to collect something is a disincentive--I'd be more likely to end up with "missing pieces" that made the collections less useful. Thinking back to the last few years, I think I've liked the years with no themes better. The themes can push designers into designing products that they might not have chosen otherwise. That can be good or bad, but sometimes it makes for a product that doesn't have wide appeal because it's a hard letter to work with, for example.

3) Do you have a suggestion for an ongoing theme for next year's (or future) Featured Designer Freebies? Feel free to share more than one idea if you have them!

The broader the better! One thing that comes to mind is ages and stages. Week 1 might be babies, week 2 young children, etc. going all the way up to older adults. It would probably have to be a rotation where 6-8 FDs work through the lifespan and then begin again with babies.

Another idea is places. By that I mean schools, pumpkin patches, playgrounds, libraries, homes, theme parks, lakes, forests, etc.

4) What would you like to ask our designers in next year's Featured Designer interviews? Share a question or two!

How has the industry changed since you first became a digital scrapbooker or designer? How has your style changed?

I always love seeing the designers' favorites: favorite kit they designed, faves from other designers' stores (ie, other designers share their fave by the FD), favorite CT or gallery layout with their products, favorite layout they've scrapped, favorite photo, etc.

5) Solos or Collabs? We've done both in our Featured Designer series over the years. Do you have a preference?

I love both! If the designers prefer one or the other, then whatever they like gets my vote!

Last edited by rach3975; 10-20-2020 at 01:23 PM.