View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 04:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
So then are you suggesting the only way to go is through wired?

I never had this issue until I moved here and everything is plugged in to a smart plug. I often joke with my father that I think that is part of the problem!
I've encountered problems with Smart Plugs causing interference with wireless signals, so all jokes aside, that might actually be the problem.

I'm a Logitech user - I bought the MX Master mouse when it first came out in 2015, and after 6 years of hard use, the internal battery wasn't maintaining a charge like it used to, so I just upgraded to the MX Master 3. (The additional buttons and scroll wheels that can be customized by application are a scrapbooker's dream! The thumb wheel to increase and decrease brush size is one of my favorites, next to the extra thumb buttons to step forward and back through History... but I digress.)

On my mouse, I have the option for 3 different wireless channels. When I've had a flaky connection, I first turn it off and back on. Sometimes just forcing it to re-pair to the computer takes care of the problem. If not, I go into the driver, then flip the mouse over and press the button to change the channel from 1, to 2, to 3, until I find one that's responding.

However in my studio, where I've positioned my mobile workstation, I've had to move the wireless dongle to a USB port on a specific side of the machine so it's closer to where I mouse. If it's on the other side, it's too far away, and gets too much interference from the other stuff running on the back side of the wall.

One more thought: I know when I got my original MX Master it came with a cord you could use to extend where your dongle was placed. That way if you needed it closer to where you moused, you plugged the USB cord into your machine, then plugged the dongle into the other end of the USB cable, and laid it closer to where you worked. Perhaps this is something you could try before you abandon wireless entirely?