View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 01:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitartas View Post
but now after the last few days i feel the opposite, waiting until Saturday seems like the cruellest thing with him being so sick, his quality of life is just zero right now and he doesn't even want to be with us he keeps wandering outside to lay on the verandah, i feel like if he wasn't a pet and any other animal he would just go off alone in the wilderness to die. I'm so sure he knows how sick he is, we are medicating him to help but i just wish i could do more.
I wasn't ready for my kitty to go, not even close. I was still trying to save him (he developed sudden asthma and possible pneumonia with fluid in his lungs) when he decided to tell me it was his time. I had been giving him breathing treatments through a nebulizer and an antibiotic in case he developed pneumonia. It was time for his medicine when he saw it and used the last of his energy to move away from me into the closet where he knew I couldn't go. He was telling me NO MORE. He passed away minutes later. It was a horrible realization but a part of me is thankful that he did that, as guilty as I felt for subjecting him to it previously, because I know that he made his choice and didn't want to fight anymore. I did everything I could and he got to leave on his own terms, not me dragging it out longer for him. You will know when your dog decides enough is enough.