View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Which room do you spend the most time in?
My office in the basement. I do my desk work there, scrapbook and watch my laptop in there. I spend at least 6-10 hrs a day in there. It's small, quiet, has good lighting and there is a fridge and bathroom on this level so don't even have to go upstairs during the day if I don't want to.

Which room do you usually eat in? Kitchen, dining room, elsewhere?
We almost never sit in the dining room, we are in the kitchen. My hubs will spread out on the table with a crossword puzzle and eat dinner while I will sit at the counter on my stool and watch the kitchen TV on the wall. Every morning we sit in the kitchen with our coffee, me with my phone to read a book, hubs with his puzzle (he's addicted lol), and we watch all the birds on the feeders on the porch.

What are three things you love about your home?
Our home is older and needs a lot of repairs/renos which we won't do b/c we'll sell it in a few yrs so I'm anxious to get rid of it and move on to something newer, smaller and further out of this congested city area. But, I do love the convenience of having extra bedrooms for storage, lots of room for all my photography/scrap stuff (still have my scrap room even though I hardly ever make cards anymore), I love my living room setup, I have a comfy chair to watch the big screen, I can stand at the stove cooking in the kitchen and see through the DR into the LR to watch the big screen. I love my little kitchen. Everything is set up as I like it, everything is easily accessible and I love sitting on my stool at the counter, looking out the windows at the birds.

Do you have a porch/balcony to sit out on, do you?
I rarely sit out on the porch. If it is hot out, we stay indoors as we have A/C. We have 3 windows to look out at the birds so can easily watch them from the kitchen. I BBQ out there but then bring the food inside.

What is the messiest room in your home?
It's a toss-up between my office and the spare room in the basement which has stuff that we don't know where to put elsewhere. I have slowly been cleaning things out but its a slow process. I'm purging more and more and it feels good. My office is messy but organized. I know where everything is but I'm bad about piling stuff up on the other desk where the fax/printer is and I was thinking yesterday its time to go thru it all. I have a wall of shelves that need to be cleaned out b/c most of the books/magazines stored there haven't been looked at in ages and there's no need to keep them.

If you could renovate, what is one thing you would do?
We have a separate kitchen/dining room and wish we had knocked down the wall, repositioned the doors and opened it all up. Its an older home so the rooms are small. It is definitely not an open floor plan. My next home will be, that is a must-have for me.