View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 12:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Which room do you spend the most time in?
Hmm... lately it's probably been the kitchen, as we're billeting 2 of our local WHL hockey team's players- They EAT A LOT of food! Besides cooking/cleaning, probably the office/craft room where my desktop & all our crafty supplies are located. We also have a table in there that the kids do their homework & crafts at.

Which room do you usually eat in? Kitchen, dining room, elsewhere?

We have an open floor plan, so the kitchen flows right into the dinning 'room' and living room. I love that sometimes I can feed the kids right at the island, but with these 2 hockey boys, plus our kids, we try to have dinner at the table as much as possible!

What are three things you love about your home?
1. Open floor plan- I can cook in the kitchen & still watch the living room tv. Or still visit with people sitting on the couch or at the table.
2. Upstairs laundry room (where 4 of the bedrooms are located & most of the laundry is produced!!!)
3. Tie between the upstairs room we call the 'loft' which is a space between the kids' bedrooms & where ALL the toys, legos, video games live. NONE in my living room (except board games)
3. Tie with the basement family room- we just finished it last winter so there is a ginormous tv & ginormous sectional and just SO fun to watch movies & sports!

Do you have a porch/balcony to sit out on, do you?
We have a front porch area which I sit at occasionally- usually it's watching the kids play in the front yard or when the dog is out in the yard. It's super nice out front in the summer because it's shady & so nice & cool in the mornings. We have a back balcony that has a table & the bbq- we sit out there in the summer evenings when it's not too hot. I also like to have a tomato & a few plants out there too.

What is the messiest room in your home?
I try to keep a fairly tidy home, but the office/craft room is always in a state of organization... lol! Also- our hockey billet that lives in the basement bedroom is a pretty messy kid- He's awesome at cleaning up after himself in the rest of the house, but his room is something else!

If you could renovate, what is one thing you would do?
We just finished the basement, so that's off our to-do list. Eventually we want to add some stairs from our back balcony to the back yard, Re-do the craft room/office with all matching cabinetry & farther down the road would be new carpet for upstairs & painting interior... but we're a bit burnt out from the basement!