View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i did. (: best decision i ever made. went from an H cup to a D cup. no more back pain, no more shoulder spasms, and best of all? i can see my feet when i look down.

the surgeries (i had two, they weren't even the first time) were okay. the first one was worse than the second, because the first was the major one. it was easily 4 weeks of recovery. but they took a LOT out, and i had a lot of stitches. so it took a while to be pain-free. the weirdest part was the nerve sensations. i'd get phantom pain, due to the nerve endings being cut. even now, i have weird pains, almost a year out of surgery.

the recovery was.. it was typical. i couldn't work, i spent probably two full weeks either in bed or on the couch. i did the first one in may, which was HORRIBLE timing, cause i couldn't swim until august. i would totally tell anyone to do it in the winter, when you don't have to worry about heat or being hot, or wanting to swim. other than the pain, and the swelling, it wasn't awful. i could move, but the pain meds kept me pretty doped up.

i would recommend it to anyone. most insurance companies will pay for it, if there's a distinct medical need, or if they're taking over a certain amount of tissue out. but i could be wrong. mine were paid in full, aside from maybe $300. i'd ask your primary doctor, and then ask around for names of surgeons. never go with the first surgeon you hear of. do the research, get some different consultations.