View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 02:15 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I make lists. First I look through all my photos from the time period I want my album to cover (whether it’s a full year or just a vacation). I pick out the most important stories and photos I want to use and add them to the list. I number my list and have two columns for left and right side of the photo book. So the cover is 001, the first page is in a new line 002, next to 003, and then a new line again. There’s no need to scrap in order. If I think there’s enough photos for a two pager, I can adjust the page order so everything will print together. I highlight off the pages immediately after I save it as a jpeg. It’s super satisfying. When one album starts getting closer to being done, I have an easy visual for how much is left and I can push myself to send it to print soon, especially if Shutterfly has a big sale and I’m close enough to finishing that I can make it. The other nice thing with the list is that if I’m feeling uninspired, I can start laying out out photos in a template, or if I have a good idea of what kit I want to use for specific photos I can add it to the list as well. I’ve completed 15 albums this way; even though I’ve got another 7 or 8 in progress, I can keep track of them fairly easily.