Old 12-10-2019, 01:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I went back and found the 2019 OLW post that you made:
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=89739

My word was "hope"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
My 2018 word was "Mindful". It's been a work in progress. I've been very mindful before I speak and act, however some times emotions got the better of me. But overall, I think I did very well being mindful this year!

For 2019. I think I'm making my OLW "Hope" because I have a lot of hope that God will work things out and even if they don't go the way I hope, that God is still in control of the situations and I give it all to Him.

hope
/hōp/Submit
noun
1. a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.

2. a feeling of trust.

verb
1. want something to happen or be the case.
In looking back, I guess I didn't fail a lot with my OLW because through all of our challenges, I always tried to keep my hope and trust in the Lord, that he was going to guide and protect us through each of the challenges that we faced throughout the year. However towards the end of the this year, I struggled--a lot. Not going to lie. There have been times I've told the family, I'm giving it over to God, but in the next breath, I'm taking it all back because things spiral out of control. Maybe this is a good reminder to finish out the year strong and growing that hope that God is still in control even though some days I feel like I'm drowning.