View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 12:45 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbstaley View Post
Fun stuff! hope you love it and find lots of ways to use it.
I have a Silhouette - version 2?? I've had it for about 6 years now. I don't use it as much as I should. I mostly cut vinyl for car windows and other things you can stick it to, as well as lots of t-shirts. T-shirts are my very favorite thing to make. The HTV can get pricey though. Watch for sales at the craft stores, or buy it online.
I have been eyeing CraftVinyl.com for their vinyl. I ordered swatches a couple months ago. Just today I ordered a bunch of black and white vinyl for their Wednesday Black and White sale they have. I know it won't come quickly like some of the box stores, but the prices--you can't beat them!! If you do go there, just be mindful of the shipping. He WILL cancel your order if you don't read/follow their shipping rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbstaley View Post
And being able to have a dedicated place to put it and leave it out once we moved here, instead of keeping it in the box and having to unpack it to use it all of the time, made a huge difference in how much I used it. So I highly recommend that if you have a space for it, or get a cart you can pull out easily.
Originally I was going to work on getting rid of all this American Girl stuff that's sitting next to my desk. Once that was out, I was going to set up my crafting table - which is where the Cricut will go. BUT with the virus....that isn't happening. Once that passes and this AG stuff is sold, it'll have a space.

You are the second person to mention a cart. Do you have a specific cart that you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
I have a Silhouette Portrait. I haven't used it at all as much as I thought I would. I did make myself a t-shirt to start school with this year. Then I made my husband an t-shirt he wanted. It was so tedious though that I lost patience for it quickly. This is the way things go with me. LOL It was like stamps all over again (bought a TON of those and never used 90% of them).

Here's my shirt from this year... I need to make my kids a quarantined shirt.
LOVE that shirt!!! That's a good idea about making a quarantine shirt - - we should do something too!!!

I hear you on the stamping, except I actually used mine for YEARS and YEARS - until I found digi. Then I sold them all and never looked back. I don't think that will be the same with this cricut! There's so much I want to do with it!! Just a warning, every family member who has their ears pierced will be getting leather earrings or shirts