View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
I'd try cloning starting with the top of the shoulder of the guy in the red striped shirt to take out the glare up to the left upper corner. Then I would grab the people with the washed out look with a magic wand and bump up the contrast. Or maybe do some small cloning of the clothing. But I think taking out that big glare in the upper left would make a big difference.
I could get rid of the big glare pretty well using the patch tool in vertical increments following the lines of the architecture. It's not perfect, but combined with a little content aware fill and adding in a softer, prettier flare may help the obvious washout not be so bad...

I also burned the affected faces (midtones at 50% with a soft brush), and more careful burning may get rid of more, but I felt like it made things muddy.

Here's what I got using this sunflare (lowered saturation, increased lightness, and set to soft light with lowered opacity)

Not even close to perfect, but enough to give you an idea, and if you are more familiar with adding sun flare yours may look better.